A new beginning.


So, here we are; nearly halfway thru 2015 and I haven't updated the blog in quite some time. Well, there's a reason for that. These past 6-7 months have been a massive transition period for myself.

I have left Japan, and moved to Toronto, Canada, to pursue a wonderful postgraduate specialization at Ryerson University. I'll be learning from and working with some of the worlds foremost authorities on photography preservation. From Daguerrotypes to Gigapixel digital pics, I'll be doing research in the preservation and collection management of historic photographic media to state-of-the-art technologies.

What about SoHo and my role as Gallerist? Well, my role with the gallery has changed a bit. While in Toronto, I'll be setting up a SoHo outpost here, and solely focused on overseas art projects (and online stuff as well). 

There are a gazillion other things going on. Finding a pad here hasn't been easy, and re-fitting into Toronto society is an ongoing comedy of errors! More on that later. 

There have been some other developments in my personal life. Let's just say I wonder what fatherhood will bring in the not-too-distant future.

Well, that's all for now. Here's a pic of the future:.

TTYS!!!

I'll be spending much of my time here, at the Ryerson Student Learning Center (funky structure on the right). Pretty awesome, eh?

Comments

Popular Posts